Life & Health Insurance
How much life insurance do you need? There are a number of factors to consider in determining how much life insurance could be appropriate for you including:
- Who depends on you for their well being?
- How much do you earn yearly? One rule of thumb is to think in terms of insurance coverage representing 5 to 7 times your annual earnings, after taxes. That way those left behind will be supported while they get back on their feet.
- What debts do you have? If they can be paid off with life insurance proceeds, it can take a burden off your family.
- How close you are to retirement? Generally, the closer you are to retirement the less life insurance you might need.
In addition, some other factors to consider include, if your spouse is working, would you want to provide college funding for your children and possible estate taxes.
We take the time to understand your needs to determine the amount of insurance appropriate for your unique situation. We then can recommend different insurance product options to fit both your needs and your budget.
Call us today to find out more about this valuable protection benefit.
We work with multiple insurance carriers to build custom packages which provide individuals and small businesses with the health, dental, life and supplemental insurance coverage they need, while controlling costs. Our goal is to make things easy, understandable, and affordable for both our business and individual clients.
- If a plan doesn’t fit you, it isn’t YOUR plan. You have a relationship with your Doctor… Shouldn’t you have one with your Broker? We take the time to get to know our clients, so we that we can identify their specific needs.
- If you don’t understand your plan, it can’t work for YOU. Insurance can be confusing and we get that. We are always happy to spend time with our clients explaining, in simple real-life terms, their coverage and how to best use it.
- If you can’t afford your plan, it isn’t protecting YOU. Insurance is supposed to protect you from harm, not cause you hardship. We search for solutions to keep things within your budget including helping you apply for valuable tax credits, and weighing out the actual cost of care.
We are an authorized partner with the MediShare Program and the Maryland Health Connection!
Back to School-How to Embrace the Empty Nest
Empty Nest Syndrome, which refers to “feelings of sadness and loss when the last child leaves home,” has been aContinue Reading
Driving During Sporadic Summer Weather
When you think of dangerous driving weather, the first that probably comes to mind is snow. But winter weather shouldn’tContinue Reading
Your Guide to Reducing the Risk of a Home Fire
Your home is somewhere you expect to feel safe. Yet more injuries and deaths from fire occur in the homeContinue Reading
Landscaping Do’s and Dont’s
Landscaping can have numerous benefits. It beautifies your property and can add to the curb appeal and resale value ofContinue Reading
Renting after Home Owning: A Pros and Cons List
The “rent or own” decision isn’t just a conundrum for millennials: A growing number of baby boomers and retirees areContinue Reading
8 Home Improvement Upgrades That Really Pay Off
You may want to upgrade your home to make the space more livable for you and your family, but itContinue Reading
$15 Minimum Wage is Coming to Maryland
May 2019 In March, Maryland passed a law mandating a $15 minimum wage. While it will not fully come intoContinue Reading