The 4th of July is a time for celebration and fun with friends and family. But it’s important to remember that these activities can also be dangerous if not treated properly. Fireworks, grilling, and campfires all pose their own risks, so it’s important to take some safety precautions before you enjoy them this year. Homeowners insurance can help protect your property in the event of a fire, so be sure to review your policy and make sure you are fully covered. And most importantly, have a safe and happy Independence Day!
As the Fourth of July approaches, many of us are looking forward to celebrating with fireworks, grilling, and campfires. While these are all great ways to enjoy the holiday, it’s important to be aware of the dangers they pose.
Fireworks are responsible for nearly half of all reported fires in the United States, and Independence Day has the most fires reported of any day of the year. Homeowners insurance can help protect your property in the event of a fire, but it’s always better to prevent one from happening in the first place.
To keep your family safe while this Fourth of July, be sure to follow these safety tips when flame is involved:
– Keep a fire extinguisher close by in case of emergencies.
– Choose a safe location away from buildings, trees, and other flammable materials
– Supervise children closely to prevent them from gaining access to lighters, matches, and fireworks.
Grilling & Campfires:
– Never leave your grill/campfire unattended
– Keep your grill clean and free of grease build-up
– Be sure to use the proper fuel for your grill
– Never grill indoors
– Be sure to extinguish your campfire completely before leaving
Fireworks & Sparklers
– When setting off fireworks, be sure to follow all local laws and regulations
– Have a designated responsible adult supervising children
– Never handle fireworks or sparklers under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
If you have any questions about your homeowners insurance protection or would like to get a quote, please contact us today. We’re here to help you protect what’s most important to you.
Happy Fourth of July! Stay safe and have fun!